Hack Night: Polis + Open Source — Session #2
May 17, 2022, 6 p.m.
Our first hack night a couple of weeks ago was more popular than expected so we thought it might be fun to do another one! But this time including other open source projects as well.
So, for this evening we focus on these projects:
- decidim, a participatory democracy framework, built with Ruby and Rails.
- healthsites, a framework for capturing, publishing and sharing critical health and sanitation related data. It's built with Python and Django.
The plan for this event:
Improve the code for one of these applications. Fix a bug or implement a small feature.
Feel free to come with your own open source project as well. This is a selection we thought might be interesting.
- Scan through the above projects and their issues and figure out what to work on more specifically. Alternatively, this might become an event where we explore open source rather than hacking on it :D
- This event is for people who feel comfortable coding on their own.
- We are not familiar with these projects! We’ll be figuring it out as we go along with you.
- We'll provide snacks and drinks!
- Attendees are expected to come with their own laptops. We’ll provide AC electricity.
If you’re interested in contributing but not able to attend, we will also be online in our Discord group. Hope to see some people there as well!
Notes for Polis
- We have started fleshing out some ideas in the previous event and I think it'd be nice to continue on those as well!
- Polis repository: github.com/compdemocracy/polis.
- Polis issues: github.com/compdemocracy/polis/issues. It would be a good idea to scan through these before coming to the event to see if you can find something more specific to work on.
For more details and stuff to work on check our previous list.
We’ll meet at Newspeak House in Shoreditch.
- Address: 133 Bethnal Green Rd, London E2 7DG
- Date: Tue May 17th, 2022
- Time: 6pm