We are a community of people interested in software engineering as a fun activity of leisure time as well as a craft to become skilled at.
Programming is a fun skill we want to become better at. We value learning together rather than alone. We are a school because the etymological definition of school is “leisure time”. We are a school that is:
- not only for beginners
- not online
- not based on a teacher-student model
- not transaction-based
school < from Ancient Greek σχολεῖον (skholeîon), from σχολή (skholḗ, “spare time, leisure”, later, “conversations and the knowledge gained through them during free time; the places where these conversations took place”) — (from Wiktionary)
School used to mean leisure; then it came to be the things one gained when on leisure. Now it means death.
Let’s reclaim it.
- The university of the future — October 26, 2021
Join our Telegram group.
– Can I propose a workshop/meetup topic/idea?
– Naturally. Propose one here.
– What does Chaitin mean?
– Gregory John Chaitin is a computer scientist.