Django Backend Software Development Mentorship
This mentorship is addressed to people who know a bit of web programming and want to either learn the Python/Django ecosystem or expand their knowledge on it.
We will explore:
- Writing Django applications
- Function-based and class-based views
- User system
- ORM and migration system
- Structuring Django applications
- Where do we put what?
- Django standard library
- What else is there in Django?
- Deploying Django applications with nginx and uWSGI
- We built it, how do we put it online?
- Optimising Django applications
- How do we make it not slow?
We would work like this:
- Meet in person to discuss what kind of projects would be interesting to build.
- Draw a handful of milestones to measure progress.
- Meet weekly or twice-weekly until we complete milestones.
- The length of the mentorship is not strictly defined but it’s designed to be between 5-7 sessions with 2-4 hours per session.
For more info on applications/admissions, have a look into this blog post.
Applications until September 15th, 2022.